Associate Principal Architect
OUR MISSION: is to be Employee Centric and Client Obsessed
Advance your architectural career at Magellan Architects! We’re celebrating 20 years in Redmond, WA with additional offices in Fountain Valley, CA and Dallas, TX. At Magellan, we pride ourselves on possessing a very diverse portfolio, so the opportunity to work with new clients on different projects is our expertise. Magellan is looking for individuals who have a drive to become the best and a desire to join a growing firm.
At Magellan, we promote a family-based culture where we support each other through every project. Our company emphasizes mentorship between staff to grow our teams.
Magellan is committed to bringing the best out of its talented employees and pushing them to their full potential. If you are someone who loves change, variety, and a challenge, we want to meet you!
Associate Principal Architect
You will assist project managers to maintain multiple clients and projects in a timely and efficient manner. This will require clear, effective, and open communication, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a strong drive to see results. This is a great opportunity to join a growing, collaborative team while working on a variety of project types while assisting junior staff in construction document production and project management.
- Bachelor’s in architecture &/or at least 10 years of architectural experience
- Active Architecture license preferred or be in the process of obtaining Architectural license
- Must have background in Commercial Architecture
- Must have the ability to assist managers on projects from concept to completion
- Experience with two of the following project types preferred: K-12 Schools, Higher Ed, Banks, Retail, Office Buildings, Religious, and Industrial
- Exceptional communication skills for working directly with clients, consultants, jurisdictions, and general contractors (must be proficient in English)
- The ability to work and thrive in independent working scenarios with demonstrable organizational and time management skills
- Hand sketches and hand drafting appreciated
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit (BIM) Preferred
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Sketch-Up, InDesign and Microsoft Office/Windows a plus
- Complete knowledge and experience with a project on a site from SIR through deal approval, entitlements, CP waivers, full permits and construction management services through turnover and opening.
Please submit portfolio and resume to [email protected]
Time off benefits – 8 paid holidays plus paid vacation
Health – Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
Tuition Reimbursement – Professional Development Programs and Licensure Reimbursement
401(k) – Company contribution program
Bonus Program – Including annual bonus and business development commission
Training & Professional Development – Including monthly Lunch and Learn presentations
Office Events! Including company BBQ’s, birthday celebrations and holiday parties
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.